Everything is getting harder and harder these days. It takes so much energy to do everything and I get tired and out of breath so easily. I have to keep reminding myself to slow down and take my time so I don't wear myself out quite so fast. I've had a couple of shorter days at work this week, so I've had a little extra time to relax and tomorrow we go to our childbirth education class. I already feel fairly well prepared for birth. I've read a lot of birth stories and watched a lot of videos of births, and not just the super dramatic "A Baby Story" on TLC (which I've enjoyed plenty, but isn't always the most normal of circumstances). What I felt was important to see, was normal, natural, healthy births. And that's what I've watched. It helps me to see that lots of women can do it and there are ways to cope with the pain and stress of it all. Tim has been reading a lot and preparing as best he can. I feel like there's only so much studying you can do for this kind of thing. if every birth always played out the same way for everyone, that would be one thing. But I think I just need to be in the moment and at that time figure out what will work best for me. Each woman is different and will have a unique birth experience. I can't prepare myself based on what works for someone else, I need to see how I react to the situation and figure out what I need to do from moment to moment. I need to remember that we have our ideas of what we want the birth to be like, but to always know that the plan is flexible. We need to see what happens and be able to change directions in the middle, if need be. I hope everything goes the way we want it to, but if it doesn't, I need to remember that we need to do what is best for Kermit and ultimately all that matters is having a healthy baby!
So here's what's happening with Kermit in week 34:
Your amazing baby is on the move! They’ve been riding fairly high in your stretched-out womb till now (while kindly compressing your poor internal organs), but now they’re planning on making the big move to your pelvis this week. If you haven’t noticed it already, you’ll be feeling the weight shift that signals that your baby is most likely out of breech position, with their head now resting on your pubic bone. In liver news: although not quite fully formed, your little miracle’s liver is now capable of processing a certain amount of waste. In general, most of your child’s prenatal physical development is pretty much up to snuff and ready for the outside world. Naturally, further weight gain is expected—so you’re still not at maximum capacity despite probably feeling like you definitely are maxed out. Baby is over 5 pounds and 18 inches tall!
I keep saying it, but now we're really in the home stretch! It's the final countdown!! I can't believe it. Kermit could be here as early as 3 weeks from now!! it's getting real now. We got a couple of big bags of hand me downs from my sister and a friend and it's just crazy to be looking at these little tiny clothes, knowing that these are the clothes that Kermit is actually going to be wearing! I still feel like there's a lot to get done before he arrives, but I'm sure we'll make it through. And whatever doesn't get done, will just have to wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment