WEEK 36!!! so technically I'm now in my 9th month of pregnancy. Almost there!! I read something saying how even though they say the baby can come anytime between week 37 and 42, most often especially with 1st babies, you are not going to deliver early. I just need to relax and be patient and expect to be pregnant until week 40. If he decides to come sooner, great, but I shouldn't get my hopes up.
week 36: The countdown continues… and in fetal developments: most of the bones (soft skull aside) in their little body are now completely hardened, providing a solid structure from which they can now make their grand debut into the world. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, we are structurally ready for a secure launch. In physical fitness news: their muscle tone has also improved over these past few weeks, and you’ll definitely be impressed by their steel-like Ulnar grasp (a newborn reflex that occurs if you lay your finger in their palm). And in genital development: if you’re having a girl, her labia are now fully developed. Finally, in the fluids/excretion department: the amniotic fluid-to-baby ratio has fallen over these past weeks, although they’re still swallowing fluid (building up even more meconium for that historic first poop). They will be more than ready to swallow and digest milk after birth. Just in case you didn’t get it quite yet: you’ve got yourself an adorable and hungry 6.5 lbs 20 inch baby—are you ready?
Wow, 6.5 lbs!! That's a real size baby now! My neice Zoe was born at 6lbs 2oz and she was born at 37 weeks. I know I was just saying I'm not getting my hopes up for an early delivery but it really could happen any day now. I am ready to have this baby out of my body. It's definitely uncomfortable most of the time now. When he kicks and moves, it hurts! He's strong! These last few nights I've been sleeping a little better and the acid reflux has calmed down a little, too. Again, I just want to get through this week so I can take the board exam, and then I'll be all ready for Kermit to come join us.
1 comment:
Good luck with your exam!! You will ace it, I'm sure. :D
Post a Comment