Friday, October 17, 2008

We're back

Turns out it was false labor. I was having contractions for a long time and we finally went to the hospital when the contractions were 4 minutes apart and lasting at least 1 minute each, but apparently they weren't doing anything. I wasn' t dilated at all. The midwife also felt that this was a bit early and she'd like to keep him inside cooking for a bit longer. So sshe hooked me up to an IV of fluid to hydrate me, which tends to slow down contractions. The contractions kept coming, although they were much less intense and I still wasn't dilated, after a few hours at the hospital, so they sent us home. She told me to just take it easy and relax and wait and see what happens. If there are any major changes, like my water breaking or the contractions getting very intense, then I should get in touch with her again. So now we just sit and wait...

No comments: