Wednesday, September 24, 2008

This weekend

This past weekend I had some friends from high school, who all live in and around Manhattan, come out to visit. I wanted to get some time to hang out with them before the baby is born and I wanted to show off my house. So they came over on Sunday and were very impressed with my house and my big belly!! We realized that we are all really old because of the level of excitement about my dryer...although if you've seen my dryer, you understand. It's pretty special. But that's another story. Anyway, we had a great time, I cooked some yummy food, they brought some yummy food and it was cool. Andi had come out the day before (after running in the Cow Harbor Day race) and Saturday night we were sitting and talking and Kermit started kicking and rolling around. Andi thought it was really cool, and kind of freaky and bizarre, to watch my stomach moving like that. Sometimes it was like ripples or taps, other times it was my whole stomach bulging out on one side and then like a wave, it rolled over and bulged out somewhere else! Yep, I had been invaded by some sort of alien life form!! Very strange to feel and to watch. I think Kermit knows I'm typing about him right now because he is all of a sudden very active!

anyway, here's a pic of the ladies this past weekend:



Me, Dot, Andi, Maria, Cory

1 comment:

Maria said...

Yay!!!! It was so much fun, and we get to do it again soon! :D