I can't believe I'm at week 30. 10 more to go! Lately, sleeping still isn't going so well. I usually can fall asleep ok, but then I just keep waking up and tossing and turning, and getting up to go to the bathroom and to take more Tums to control the acid reflux. I'm very busy at night! and Tim sleeps right through it all. Lucky!!
Baby development for week 30:
The light is visible at the end of the tunnel! Your oversized self and amazing growing baby have finally reached the single digits (in terms of weeks till birth)! The fine lanugo hair that has been growing all over their little monkey-like body is going to start falling off this week in preparation for the big day. But don’t be shocked if they’re hairier than you’d anticipated, some babies keep their lanugo until after birth. Still, it’s not any cause to be concerned as it will fall off eventually. No surprises here: your little porker is getting even cuter with increasingly pudgy arms and legs this week thanks to the ever-growing layers of subcutaneous fat. In terms of numbers, your baby should be weighing in at around 3 pounds 12 ounces (or more!) and be nearly 16 inches long.
Wow!! almost 4 pounds!! Although for a Sherman/Moran baby, he'll at least double in weight before he's born!
So I got a call from my midwife today saying that they want to do some more blood work on me. I had some blood work done a few weeks ago and they called and said I had a low platelet count, which is probably nothing to worry about, it can be a normal side effect of pregnancy, but they wanted to check it out and do some more blood work to make sure it wasn't something else. so I did that and got a call today saying they want more blood!! She said some numbers were still a little off, not to worry, but they want to do more tests just to be sure. So I have to go have more blood taken and then see how things are. It's a tough position to be in, when you hear that things aren't testing normally but you shouldn't worry. How can I not worry? They didn't really give me much information, so of course, my mind goes to the worst possibilities. I have some free time this week so I'll be able to get it taken care of quickly and hopefully get an answer from the midwives quickly about how things are. I'm just trying to stay relaxed and not stress out about this. It's hard not to worry but I'm doing my best.
No comments:
Post a Comment