Thank you for the birthday wishes! My day wasn't so exciting, I mostly ran around doing errands. I got a few phone calls from friends and family and that's always nice. And in the afternoon, my parents came over and we sat out on the patio for awhile until Tim got home. Then we went out to dinner. We were going to just order in, but this way I didn't have to worry about doing any dishes or cleaning up, besides- going out to a restaurant is more festive! We went out to this Chinese restaurant nearby called "Tim Sing" and every time we've passed this place I tell Tim to sing and he does :) So we finally decided to go try it and it was pretty good. After dinner we came back to our house and set up the firepit out on the patio and had some ice cream cake. Yumm! so anyway, 30 isn't all that different from 29. Again, I'm feeling really good about where I am in life so "big" birthdays aren't such a big deal.
Week 31 update!
Your not-so-little-one is just a bit closer to their birth weight and height at around 4 pounds and 17 inches. With each added layer of baby fat, your baby's skin starts to look more and more like it will when they finally get to see the light of day. The heavy news: you can expect your miracle-gro muffin to gain about a half a pound of weight per week from now until about two weeks before birth. Great. That's just what you needed. Even more weight to carry around!
Your baby's still-developing immune system has gained substantial strength over the past few weeks getting them in full gear to face our disease-ridden world o’ wonders. Obviously, a large majority of your child’s immune strength will be derived from exposure to breast milk as well as the outside elements. Their cute little noggin’ (which could already be covered with luscious locks or just purty peach fuzz), is still soft because the skull bones have not yet fused together. As much as that sounds a little too vulnerable, their “skull softness” allows for a much smoother passage through the birth canal during labor—something both you and your little swimmer will appreciate when it’s finally time to “go!” Also, some babies will have that “soft spot” on their head for up to one year after birth.
I feel like I've gotten twice as big in the last couple weeks! Kermit is moving around so much and kicking all the time. At times it feels like he's walking around on my ribs, a very strange feeling. but it means he's healthy and active and getting stronger all the time, getting ready for his big debut!
1 comment:
So sorry I missed calling you on your big day! I completely spaced yesterday and thought it was today! Well, Happy Birthday! I'm so glad you had a great day.
Post a Comment