I had my midwife appt today and all is good! We got to hear the heartbeat and it was loud and strong in the 150's. First she found the heartbeat and then apparently our little baby swam away and it took a little while to find it again. Good to know baby is active and moving around. She said everything feels good and is the right size and in the right place and all is going well.
She said the only minor concern was that I had gained a lot of weight which surprised me. I know I've gained weight but I didn't think it was excessive. I don't own a scale so I don't check it at home. She said I should just try to be more careful about what I'm eating. I definitely eat frequently, I need to eat every 2 hours or else i get all shaky and lightheaded. mostly I crave salad and veggies and dip and I snack on almonds or protein bars! And sometimes I eat ice cream and chocolate :) but not too much. She also said it could have something to do with how much juice I'm drinking. She suggested I cut the juice with water so I'm not getting as much sugar. Anyway, it surprised me how much weight I've gained.
So we scheduled our next appointment for our one and only ultrasound, which includes the anatomy scan (to make sure everything is developing properly) and to find out the gender of the baby, for June 24th!!!!! It feels so far away!!
And I'm officially now in week 16, so here's the update on what's going on in my belly this week!
Fetal development in pregnancy week 16: Over the past three weeks your astounding growing baby has managed to stretch yet another 2 full inches (totaling about 4.5 inches) and weighs around 3.5 ounces. Yessireee, that’s some pretty serious growth... and with it comes several physical developments! For starters, their head to body ratio is finally starting to even out a bit as the rest of the body is actually growing faster than the head at this point. Yes, your little light bulb is not so top-heavy. Their adorable little limbs have lengthened, almost reaching their normal proportions which they will have at birth. Their eyes are still closed but moving and if you had an ultrasound, which many doctors recommend you have at about this time, you may even see your little one sucking on a thumb, not to mention the necessary signifiers to let you know whether you’ve got a wee lad or lassie.
I love hearing all that and knowing what's happening in there!
3 comments:
I think you look peeerty. I am so amazed that you are becoming a biological mommy-how cool is that!
Are you going to tell us if it is a boy or a girl or are you keeping it a secret?
Can't wait for the update!
I wouldn't worry too much about your weight. I gained most of my weight right at the beginning and then I plateaued at the end... That happened both times! Follow the mid-wifes instructions and take care of yourself, but if you have a craving don't deny it, you'll drive yourself crazy! XOXOXOXO - buff
Thanks Buffy. That is so reassuring. It's weird because I don't feel like I've gained a lot of weight, but the scale said I'd gained almost 20 lbs! Hopefully it'll slow down now. I'm trying to just eat healthy most of the time and just give into cravings some of the time!
Post a Comment