Since I don't get to see everyone as much as I'd like, I've started a blog to give updates on what's happening with our family. Also it's for myself to help keep track of everything that's happening during this time of my life!
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Boy or Girl?
No we don't have any news yet, but this week all of a sudden everyone is pointing out that I'm showing. I keep getting comments about my baby bump sticking out :) And everyone is saying that because of the way I'm carrying that it is going to be a girl. They are all positive that it will be a girl. I never quite understood the difference in where the weight is or how to tell by looking at someone what gender their child will be, but everyone else seems to know. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much. I do want a girl, but I'd also be thrilled to have a boy, as long as it's a healthy baby, that's really all I'm concerned with right now. So we find out on June 24th if it's a boy or a girl and I'm trying not to get my heart set on one so that I'm not too disappointed if it's the other, but we will let you know as soon as we know! We're not keeping that a secret although we are planning on keeping names to ourselves until the baby is born. We really haven't started discussing names at all and both feel like we need to know if it's a boy or a girl before we start seriously discussing what to name our baby. But we don't really want to talk about it with others because everyone has an opinion... "you can't use this name because I knew a girl in 5th grade with that name and she was mean" and things like that. We don't want to be influenced by other peoples issues. We just want to find a name that speaks to us and means something to us and everyone else will have to deal, even if there was a girl with that name in 5th grade that they didn't like! We'll keep you posted...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment