Friday, June 27, 2008

Kermit does karate!

The other night I was lying in bed starting to settle down and I started to feel the baby kicking. I look down at my belly and start to notice that when he kicked, I could actually see my belly jump! It was the weirdest thing. so I told Tim and we're both sitting there staring at my belly and the baby stopped kicking. As soon as Tim turned away and went back to reading his book, the baby would kick and belly would jump! I'd tell Tim and he watch and nothing would happen. Silly boy, already teasing his daddy and playing games!

But then last night we were sitting on the couch and Tim's arm was resting against my belly. I felt Kermit kick and then Tim asked if the baby just kicked! He felt it! It was so cool. Up until this point I've been the only one going through things and getting to feel it, so now I think he feels more included. I can't wait till he can feel it more!

Reilly is still disappointed that he's not having a sister. Whenever he refers to the baby he still says "she". Today we saw a pregnant woman walking with her little son and she said something about when the have the baby and Reilly turns to me with a big smile on his face and says "we're going to have a baby too!!!" It was very cute.

Update on us moving: as of now, we're not going anywhere. I've spent all week packing and yesterday when I was about to go meet the landlord to officially sign the lease he called and told me it wasn't happening. He couldn't go through with it because he called to verify my employment and it is a part time job and the hours will vary and he was concerned because they couldn't tell him definite hours and he thought it was too unstable and he couldn't trust that we would be able to pay the rent. I was fuming. I thought my head was going to explode. How do you do that to someone, 2 days before we're about to move in, we've got our apartment packed and lots of wonderful friends who generously volunteered to help us move! All he could say was sorry, he just didn't feel comfortable. We hadn't signed anything and we hadn't given him money but he had told us a week ago that we could move in this Saturday and I was trusting his word! He is a big poopy head!!! We're feeling some relief that we're not going to have him as our landlord since he's obviously crazy, but now we're a bit stuck, trying to figure out what to do. We're looking at a place tomorrow and hoping it will work out easily for us after having to put up with so much from the poopy head landlord. So we'll see. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok just gimme the landlords name and address I think someonje needs to give him a little talking to.

Chris