Here's an exerpt from a site I've been visiting a lot recently. It's called baby-gaga.com and it's got lots of information about baby development as well as an online forum so that I can interact with other mom's to be. I've been following a thread that's set up by due date, so it's all the other November mama's. It's really great to have the support and reassurance from other's who are in the exact same place as me. We're all going through the same thing together and it's comforting to hear that someone else had the same thing happen to them and knows what you're going through. Anyway, here's what's happening in my belly this week:
Fetal development in pregnancy week 14: Isn’t it glorious? You and your little buckaroo have roped your way right into trimester numero dos! Are you ready to rock!? Okay, okay… maybe just a little rolling and poking. Needless to say, your baby will definitely be making themselves known in the upcoming weeks. At about 3.5 inches long, their little body and limber limbs are coordinated enough for loads of complicated motions. In fact, their whole body is moving right now! You're not feeling it because their current size is still a bit too small to make an impact you'd recognize. Still, their movements are recognizable on an ultrasound. Speaking of which, you shoud be scheduling one with your health care provider! Week 16 is the classic date as you can usually determine whether your little one is going to pee standing up or sitting down. Your baby is also starting to develop the ability to move their eyes this week, although the eyelids still remain fused shut. What's more, they can make all sorts of fun facial expressions as they practice squinting, frowning, and grimacing. Cute development of the week: their little hands can grasp at things and they may already be sucking their thumb!
Pretty cool. I love hearing what's happening each week and how it is developing. My next appointment is in a couple weeks, when I'm 16 weeks pregnant, but we're not getting an ultrasound until I'm 20 weeks, so we'll still have to wait a while to find out if it's a boy or a girl. I'll keep you posted!
In the last couple days, I've been feeling good, although I have gotten a couple of migraines this week. Yuck! I used to get them all the time but they pretty much disappeared when I went off birth control pills. I know the migraines are very linked to hormones so I'm just guessing there's been some crazy hormone activity this week that threw me off. But I survived!
Soon I'll have some pics from my graduation so you'll get to see my little belly if you look close!
2 comments:
migraines- yuck.
i used to get them all the time and the good news for me, at least was from my 2nd trimester till now (at 19 months old) i have gotten maybe only 5- and none while i was in third trimester or postpartum. I think your body is like "ok she has enough to deal with right now..."
hang in there! and may i suggest Head On. the only thing that does anything at all to help since none of the prescriptions have ever worked for me and you cant take them anyway!
"Head On"? Is that the stuff with the really annoying commercials? Can you get it at the drugstore? I'll go look. migraines really suck. Hopefully I won't have too many more
Post a Comment