Saturday, November 1, 2008

Midwife

I forgot to write about our midwife appointment on Wednesday, probably because it was pretty uneventful, which I guess is good. My weight and blood pressure were good, baby's heartbeat sounded good and strong and we're right on target with everything. Basically it was a chance to check in with any last questions and to make sure we know what to do when the real time comes. We assured her that after our practice run, we are ready and know what to do. Over the last few days I've started have minor braxton hicks (practice) contractions again. They are still very spread out and not very intense, so it's not really the start of anything. But a few days ago 5 people at work commented that my belly looked lower and that the baby may have "dropped". That's what we're waiting for. It doesn't matter how many contractions I have if the baby isn't in the right position far enough down in my pelvis. so we need him to drop down so that when the contractions do start for real, he'll be in the right place to be pushed out! Yeah, so we think he dropped although he still may have a little more travelling to do, but he's moving in the right direction!

It's November now and he's due in November!!!!! 10 more days till our official due date. How crazy! In some ways I feel like we just started on this roller coaster and I still can't believe it's all real, but at the same time I feel like I've been pregnant forever!!!!!! Definitely ready to meet hte little guy. Any day now, i hope!

No comments: