So we've been spending a lot of time unpacking and getting settled this week. Still trying to figure out where we want to put everything and how it should be arranged and decorated. We're definitely making progress but there's still a lot to do. The weirdest thing is when we're sitting at the kitchen table and have the blinds open we just sit and stare outside like we've never seen daylight before!! Side effect from being in the basement for too long :) We're just fascinated watching people coming and going and seeing birds and looking at the sky...it's like a whole new world that we didn't know existed. We went for a nice walk through the neighborhood the other evening and it was really cool because originally all the houses around here were the same model and through the years many people have updated and renovated, so it's really interesting to see what kinds of changes people have made to make the houses look different now. We're taking notes and formulating ideas for future plans for ourselves! One thing at a time though. Let's get unpacked first then we can talk renovations.
Also this week, I started my new job! It's pretty much the same as being a student except I don't have someone checking in so much to see what I'm doing with the patients, I get to be pretty independent and make my own decisions AND... I GET PAID FOR IT NOW!!! I can't wait to get a paycheck!
I've had several patients ask me this week when I'm due and it still surprises me that people are sure enough that I'm pregnant to ask that question. What if I said no, I'm just chunky! Anyway, I've been told by co-workers that my belly has really popped out and is very noticable now. It's cool, I like that it's noticable and my belly is looking more rounded and focused in one spot. I've been getting really tired lately. I don't know if it's just that I'm doing a lot and it's really hot out so I'm getting more worn out or if it's just another pregnancy phase. either way, naps are my friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment