Wednesday, July 8, 2009

work, babysitter, life...

We did end up hiring Caitlin as our new babysitter and she is awesome. She comes to our house everyday and watches Jasper and really seems to enjoy spending time with him! It's working out really well. The down side is that my job has all of a sudden become very unstable. I only worked 2 days last week and we didn't want to cancel on Caitlin on her second day so we still had her come and I went out and did yoga and did some shopping, which was actually pretty nice. I signed up with this staffing agency that placed me for this week, because again, my regular job didn't need me. It's all working out pretty well. It was great for a while when St. Charles needed me everyday and I didn't need to think about it at all, but when it gets inconsistent, it gets me nervous. Since I only work half days anyway, every little bit counts and missing a day is kind of a big deal. We don't have a lot of cushion or wiggle room. When I worked full time and i missed a day here or there, it didn't matter as much because I made up for it on other days, but it's not like that any more. I am thinking about going back to work full time, maybe in the fall. I'd like to put it off as long as I can, but if I can get a steady full time job, it would really help our finances. It gets too stressful right now, when I'm missing days of work and feeling like I can't deal with things financially. But of course, I don't want to spend that much time away from Jasper. I really love getting to spend our afternoons just the two of us.

I have some great videos which are posted on facebook, so some of you have seen them on there, but now for some reason I can't find them on the computer to post here. I'll have to figure it out later. Time to go pick up Reilly from summer camp.

No comments: